Every industry consists of segmented interest groups such as its education segment, manufacturing segment, owner associations and representative bodies, regulatory bodies/authorities , related research organisations and institutions with shared interest.
NISTI employs a structure of deliveries through activities that centre on:
A.Facilitation of knowledge building and industry exposure of students in the education segment.
* NISTI establishes NISTI FORA in middle order graduate colleges in the textile domain to serve students by:
- providing specialist lectures on periodic basis by NISTI members on topics beyond the boundaries of university curriculum
- enhancing industry exposure by organising one industry visit per 6 months to companies that are high performers
- generating quality consciousness by organising visit to quality testing bodies
- extending counselling services for students working on advanced themes/topics for their final work
* NISTI has two competitions, one among graduating students for their final work in the fashion design and textile design domain and the second a research paper contest among faculty, themes/topics being restricted to the textile domain but expansively scoped
* NISTI’s MoU with TIT&S, Bhiwani, has established a model of deliveries to textile education institutions among textile and fashion HEI by delivering specialist lectures by NISTI members, promoting TI membership and encouraging aspiration for CTEXT professional qualifications of TI, organising events jointly
* NISTI has a record of two conferments of TI Holden Medal on two of its members for exceptional services to educational development and pioneering leadership of HEI.
B.Facilitation of knowledge enrichment and skill upgradation through T&D of manpower in manufacturing industry.
* NISTI is exploring with Textile Skills Council, Shree Vishwakarma Skill University projects to extend T&D as well as Certification of skills and knowledge acquired through experience in the MSME businesses that predominate the textile chain
* The MoU with ATDC provides a continuing education opportunity to employees of garment industries to upgrade themselves with new knowledge and practices that facilitate their upward mobility
* NISTI and FICCI have agreed to conduct periodically a joint training and development programme of 2-3 days to promote knowledge enhancement and skill building of textile industry personal for fitting into Technical Textile Industries
C.Recognition to industries by sponsoring Indian companies for TI Awards.
* Datt Medi Products Ltd (Delhi) was conferred the TI NEW MATERIALS AWARD in 2010
* MEDEVICE, a division of Vista Furnishings Pvt Ltd (Noida), manufacturing Medical Textiles, Conferred The TI INNOVATION AWARD in 2019.
* In future NISTI will extend the coverage of award winning opportunities to industry with other TI conferments.
D.Specialist advice and vision-building enablement in owner/industry associations through participation in committees.
* NISTI has special invitation to meetings/ membership of subject committees in industry
associations with agenda and objectives that align with NISTI mission:
- Textile Industry Committee
- Higher Education Committee
- Skills Development Committee
- Health Services Committee
- Technical Textiles Committee
- Working Group on Composites
- Textile Industry Committee
E.Policy advice and direction to government and regulatory authorities through participation in special focus groups and committees.
* As and when adhoc reference is received from Ministry of Textiles, Textile Commissioner’s Office, other government bodies dealing with textiles
* Representation in industry associations generates scope for recommendations to Government and statutory bodies through memoranda invited by Government or regulatory bodies or policy institutions with or without specific terms of reference.
F.Publishing to enrich, invigorate, disseminate advances and emerging frontiers by dissemination of R&D outcomes.
* NISTI has developed focus on Technical Textiles, developed partnership with ITTA for joint conduct of conferences in NISTI jurisdiction on regular basis
* NISTI is venturing into publishing on its website.
* NISTI has established a WhatsApp Group focussed on Technical Textiles with scope for open participation by members and non-members.
G.Relationship building with professional bodies that have shared interests
* NISTI had already established relations with India-ITME society and this has been further strengthened by the special invitations received for participation in events hosted by the Society
* NISTI has entered into reciprocal free delegate registration of nominees in mutual events with Institute of Engineers-Delhi State Chapter, AIMA, FICCI, CII , etc,.
* NISTI and Textile Skills Council are together exploring mutuality of interests to work together.