NISTI Charter for Students’ Competition ‘Design Nouveau’
• The NISTI competition ‘Design Nouveau’, will be a competition in fashion design and textile design
• UG/PG students from the final year pursuing courses in the textile domain are eligible to participate.
• The students shall be enrolled at any HEI institution located within NCR or having partnership with NISTI.
Scope of Competition
• Design Nouveau will comprise two sub-competitions:
• Design Nouveau in Fashion may feature across any type of wear, of gender, of season, of cultural origin, of surface ornamentation, etc.
• Design Noveau in Textiles may feature across any fibre , yarn, fabric construction, method of dyeing and printing, etc
• Each participant will be allowed only 1 entry in a sub-competition
For Speciman of the POSTER Click Here
• Participants will be required to download the form from here (Click here for the form) and mail the duly filled form to the official mail of NISTI i.e., [email protected] to register for participation in the competition
• In the next stage, participants will be required to submit exploratory and final sketches of collection consisting of 3 garments/ textile swatches along with photographs of 2 final garments/textile swatches.
• Each sub-competition will be judged by a 4 member jury comprising one NISTI member, one industry member, one design practitioner and one design educationist
• One Award for Best Nouveau Design in Fashion : 2 months internship with celebrated fashion designer
• One Award for Best Nouveau Design in Textiles: 2 months internship with celebrated textile designer
• Announcement of competition through website www.nistiregd.in and poster display on 5 May 2019
• On-line competition registration along with 1 design concept board, concept/ theme write–up: 31 May, 2019
• Submission of final sketches & photographs of 2 garments: 10 June 2019
• Judgement by Jury: 15 June 2019
• Announcement of Winners: June 2019
• Felicitation of the Winner of each sub-competition of Design Noveau 2019, conferment of Winner’s Certificate as well as handing over of expression of interest by internship provider to the winner on 12 July 2019 at inaugural session of NISTI-ITTA conference on Technical Textiles at IHC
• Each sub-competition will be coordinated by one NISTI member
• The coordinator will supervise the entire process from start to finish, bear responsibility for constituting a jury, interface with celebrity designers and arrange for 2 months’ internship, maintain communications through website and WhatsApp.